cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Through thread in part

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Through thread in part

Hello

I have created a tapped hole in Creo part file. Once I go to edit definition -> Shape, I am able to find option for through thread. Option is disabled for me. Any idea how to enable the same?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That may be due to "Upto Surface" depth that you have selected for the hole. As I know you can't make the thread depth and the hole depth dependent. Thru Thread is enabled only for a Thru All hole.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, You're looking in the wrong place. See attachment. Use the pulldown for up_to_next or Through_all etc

Hi, Thank you for response. Actually what you have mentioned is for hole depth. I am looking for through thread depth. In other words, Suppose I have selected surface such that depth is 200.Now, I want 200 as thread depth.I can provide value as 200 for variable option, but how to achieve 200 as Through Thread? Variable I guess will not increase thread depth if reference surface used for through hole depth is updated.

see attached

NOThroughTHread.PNG

I am not getting that option enabled.

That may be due to "Upto Surface" depth that you have selected for the hole. As I know you can't make the thread depth and the hole depth dependent. Thru Thread is enabled only for a Thru All hole.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags