cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Tolerance issue

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Tolerance issue

Hello all, i have been working with Creo 3 for quite some time now, but only on the modelling/surfacing side. Recently i have found myself having to use it for drawing too, & i am discovering all sorts of issues. I am working my way through them as they crop up, figuring things out, but this one has me stumped. Lets say i have a dimension on my drawing, & i edit the properties to change the tolerance style, the size is 100.00mm. I have a tolerance of +0.05/-0.00 applied to the size. The problem occurs when i change the style to limits, to display the size as 100.00-100.05, Creo automatically changes the nominal size to 100.025, forcing a regeneration of the part. I have never seen this behaviour before, i am using the same dtl file i have used for years, this does not happen in Creo/elements pro 5. I really don't like this, rightly or wrongly, we have a way of tolerancing here, & this will cause problems. If i display the dimension as 100.00 +0.05-0.00, my nominal size remains 100.00mm. Pretty sure there will be a config option behind this, & rather than troll through all those, i thought i would ask the question here in the hope that somebody will say "yep", this is the option responsible.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:John.Pryal)

We looked in to this a while back. I believe the option was

maintain_limit_tol_nominal YES

I don't remember if there was anything else we set though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

We looked in to this a while back. I believe the option was

maintain_limit_tol_nominal YES

I don't remember if there was anything else we set though.

That's the one! Thank you Stephen. I agree with Ben, bad idea.

Regards

John

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It was a change at Creo2, I believe, where the default operation was to 'normalize' all tolerance dimensions.

Very few people like it!

At least they did provide some options to allow you to leave your nominal dimensions alone.

You can also adjust the displayed dimension differently from the modeled dimension.

Bad ideas on both counts.

Top Tags