cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Trailing zero in bend note

ptc-2960940
1-Newbie

Trailing zero in bend note

Hi everyone, I do not want the trailing zero to be displayed in the bend note of my drawings. (for example,90.00 should be 90). I hate seeing those two zeroes after the decimal point. I would like to see them as 90 ervery time I show the bend note automatically. I know how to do this manually. As a matter of fact, I have tried very hard to change those vaults in draw_ang_unit_trail_zeros, default_dec_places, lead_trial_zeros, dim_trail_zero_max_places, lead_trail_zeros_scopce. It didn't work. Any suggestions please? Thanks Yan
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

How is a question answered in this forum? I am having this exact same problem and the thread has 413 views (suggesting that it may be a problem several users experience) but it was posted 3years ago and no one has answered. Is there another thread that actually answers the question? Yan, did you ever figure it out?

There are a lot of limitation in tables. There is always the manual method of making your own table. These included options are to simplify parametric data for your convenience. However, they are not dimensions and they do not follow many of the dimension config settings.

You might be able to format a table with using the [.0] delimiter in the field value. This is used to limit the number of decimal places of real numbers. But of course, if you have a 22.5 degree dimension, it will truncate it.

I am all for manual entry tables. It takes a little longer but you have full control. Any designer worth their salt can manage a table and be fully competent to sustain said table. Modifying provided tool have just as great a risk as doing things manually. It all depends on whether the dog wags the tail, or the tail wags the dog. No matter which, the dog still drools.

Then again, I also don't use BOM tables or associative balloons unless it is for a quick verification.

Top Tags