cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Two-colored cables in Creo - workaround

haåman
7-Bedrock

Two-colored cables in Creo - workaround

From what I understand it's not possible to have two-colored (striped) wires in Creo and the Cabling module, but does anyone have a workaround for this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:haåman)

Brian Martin might be able to answer this. Here are a couple of links to things he has done:

http://communities.ptc.com/blogs/the_zone/2013/05/09/ninja-cabling-the-missing-videos

http://communities.ptc.com/blogs/the_zone/2012/06/12/welcome-to-the-zone

(this one has a power point at the end)

If these don't help, maybe Brian can answer.

Thank you Dale, but I can't access the videos in the post 😕 I will try to the workaround Eric posted below and get back to Brian if I can't get it to work.

Like this?

wire_striped.JPG

This is more cosmetic and definitely not automatic...may be more work than it's worth. Here are the steps I did to create this, albeit NOT in the cabling module so your steps may vary:

1. Color the outer surface of the insulation 100% transparent.
  2. Create a copy of the surface.
  3. Create two sweeps that are the equivalent of the stripe thickness.
  4. Trim the copied surface with the sweeps.
  5. Color the trimmed surfaces the colors you want.

See the attached file (Creo 2.0) for how I did it.

Well, all I did, was when I swept the secction, I made the section have another surface at the sketch level, an arc with the same center point, just raised a couple thousanths. You could do it by offsetting, but I think it's simpler this way, especially if the wire really twists around.

Thank you Eric! (and Frank)

Top Tags