cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Using distribute batch with depended asemblies or parts

MichalLukac
4-Participant

Using distribute batch with depended asemblies or parts

Hello, I use Distribute batch utility (Creo 3) for creating pdfs from drawings. But I have problem. The parts or assemblies that I have drawings from, are depended on top assembly. Some features or component placements in subassemblies are depended on top assembly. When I use batch utility it loads only the part or assembly for the drawing. The drawing has then some missing components, because the top assembly is not loaded . When I create pdfs manually I open the top assembly and then the drawings... Is there a way how to automate this using the batch utility?

The next problem is with mass calculation. I use relation in every model (prt_mass =  mp_mass("")) and this parameter I use in tables and  repeat region on drawings. Everything is ok but one, only this one (it is washer from family table of washers) need to regenerate every time I open the drawing (I don't know why). It is same with all the drawings where this washer is. It doesn't update If I regenerate the model from the model environment but only from the draving environment (review/regenerate active model) so this is next problem for using batch utility.

Michal.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal,

see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS109444 - How to execute mapkey through Creo Distributed Batch

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michal,

see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS109444 - How to execute mapkey through Creo Distributed Batch

MH

Martin Hanák

Try the config options "freeze_failed_assy_comp yes" and "save_display yes". If the drawing is regenerated and then saved with display, the values of mass should be in the drawing. The output from dbatch should look like opened with file -> open -> view only.

Jan

Thanks for answers.

I've used mapkey but without distributed batch because It is very slow. I've made a generator for creating mapkey for all the list of files (In fact it is one mapkey repeating for all the files). This way it is faster because the top assembly is permanently opened.

Jan, ok But I would must now open, regenerate and save all the drawings...

Top Tags