cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Using pattern quantity &p0 in annotation and decimal places

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Using pattern quantity &p0 in annotation and decimal places

Is it possible to get the pattern quantity to not show any trailing zeros in an annotation without creating a 'work around' relation?

pattern qty1.jpg

pattern qty2.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
mender
6-Contributor
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Er... not that I'm an expert in patterns, but how did you make a pattern where the count had decimal places at all?  I would appreciate seeing an SPR on this (showing the creation of the pattern in question).  Intuitively, I would expect a pattern count to be an integer (0 dec places).

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:mender)

Yeah that's exactly what I thought, but it has been like this for years now. Our work around is this:

flange_holes=p0

then add &flange_holes to whatever note, but this is super annoying to do every time for every pattern.

mender
6-Contributor

I agree this sounds strange.  If you would be so kind as to file an SPR showing the workflow that leads to this pattern-count-with-dec-places, I'll be happy to figure out why it is happening and whether it is justified or a bug to be fixed.

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

It's the parameter "flange_holes" that is reporting and displaying the decimal places.

Try adding this...

{0:&P0}X @D (Plus whatever additional annotation text you need)...

Add this directly into the Dim.  properties instead displaying the parameter valve.

You have to edit the Dim properties either way but this text eliminates the need to create the relation. 

Hope this helps - & STUFF

Tw

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TracyWillis)

The relation FLANGE_HOLES is created as a work around because the &P0 value shows trailing zeros.

Using FLANGE_HOLES like this, "&FLANGE_HOLES[.0] @D,  the annotation displays correctly as "20 1 1/4"

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Check out lead_trail_zeros  and lead_trail_zeros_scope

You can control Leading / Trailing zero display with these 2 settings.  If none of your other dims. are showing trailing zeros try setting the scope to ALL

These are detailing options that are typically set in the drawing but are also available to be set in the model for the MBD folks.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

No luck with that either.

pattern qty3.jpg

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Hmmm...  Is your screen shot above displaying the parameter?  or the p dimension?

I think displayed parameters will always show Trailing Zeros..  If you can remove the relation and use {0:&P0}X @D text in the dim properties it should work.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

pattern qty4.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Would you be willing to upload the model to this discussion?  If so you can use the advanced editor to attach it (top right corner of the reply window.)

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

I would need to check on that.

Top Tags