cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

WELCOME TO CREO (BROWSER WHEN OPEN CREO)

DB_10253499
4-Participant

WELCOME TO CREO (BROWSER WHEN OPEN CREO)

Hi,

anyone can tell me how turn off the  "welcome to Creo browser" when Creo 9 is turn on?

I can't find on the config setting

WELCOME.PNG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI, i resolve it.

that impostation is saved in the creo_parametric:customization.ui file and it is saved on exit.
Since my system did not allow me to overwrite it because it was in a common folder for everyone, I had to make a local copy of creo, modify the file and then ask to another user to overwrite it in the common folder.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DB_10253499)

Right there on the image.

That box in the lower left corner, check it and the welcome screen will no longer be displayed.

DB_10253499
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi, yes that I know thanks. But everyday my sistem erase everything and make a new one system. The only things it keep is config end costumization

There isn't a flag somewhere in config to click?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DB_10253499)

The system is resetting too many files as that button click is stored in one of the customization files.

Why are you resetting the full system every day?

I run a batch file for launching Creo and only overwrite a group-wide config.pro. I leave the other files alone so the users can do their own thing, if they want to.

DB_10253499
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

hi,

because where i work everybody need to have the same configuration so you can change local but the day after you have the same of everybody

thanks

I find the browser to be annoying. I suppose it's useful for maybe people with WIndchill(?) but I don't need a browser in my CAD software, I already have a browser, thank you very much.

I have the following settings in my config.pro to stop these shenanigans:

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no
enable_partcommunity_tab        no
enable_resource_browser_tab     no
web_browser_homepage            about:blank

Perhaps these will help you, too.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:KenFarley)

I also have config:

enable_punditas_browser_tab no

There is always more to learn in Creo.
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:kdirth)

I am adding the punditas one in immediately. I thought I was stuck with that always coming. Gotta be more thorough when I'm scanning the config options, I guess.

DB_10253499
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

I wil try thanks I hope to resolve

NOT WORK

DB_10253499
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

the 1°,2°,4° i have the same. The 3° can't find 

Hi,

UI modifications are saved in following file

%AppData%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wild{re\.wf\.Settings\creo_parametric_customization.ui

• start Creo
  • modify UI
  • copy the file on safe place
    • I guess it would be necessary to copy whole %AppData%\PTC directory

Next day

• copy PTC directory backup to %AppData% directory
  • start Creo

Martin Hanák

I have already try to export creo_parametric_customization.ui after flag the icon

DB_10253499_0-1726816605167.png

but nothing change

HI, i resolve it.

that impostation is saved in the creo_parametric:customization.ui file and it is saved on exit.
Since my system did not allow me to overwrite it because it was in a common folder for everyone, I had to make a local copy of creo, modify the file and then ask to another user to overwrite it in the common folder.

Thanks for the help.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags