cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Wildfire 5.0

ptc-376588
3-Visitor

Wildfire 5.0

Been playing with Wildfire 5.0 f000, for a couple days. Yes they have done some good things. But man have they slowed me down. EG: The Ribbon is the worst in drawing. You have to be a certain tabs to do certain things. In the past you could fly through a drawing doing anything you wanted. Whats with the BLUE. Why do they have to change colors each and every time a new release is issued. Thank god you can sorta go back to the old colors. I am open to new things but they have really slowed things down and made it much harder in many areas. With all the improvements that can and should be made they always feel they have to screw with what works and is nice. Thinking it will be better.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-376588)

I really agree with you. After about a week, i really have the feeling loosing time on drawings with that ribbon. The backgrounds colors in dialog boxes are really to light, i can hardly see scrolling bars, and it looks like we can't change this. WF5 sometimes loses my printer. I have to restart it to retrieve it !! When I try to assign a bend table to a sheetmetal piece, I only have the option to create new bend tables even if I have a directory assigned to bend tables in my config.pro. WF5 can access these bend tables if I do bend after bend !! In conclusion, I'm loosing time with this new version. Oh ! I forgot a last thing, with the standard interface color settings, when I do a printing, the dimensions and all the texts are yellow. If Y choose a dark background setting, everything is alright !!

That ribbon sounds a lot like Solidworks' interface, which I must say is a bad thing (I hate that damn ribbon). Solidworks at least has a shortcut work-around (pressing "s" brings up a customizable tool bar at whatever location your mouse happens to be at).

I did a trouble call to ptc regarding their blue color for frames and background for toolbars. This makes my eyes hurt after about fifteen minutes. The rep on the phone told me it cannot be changed but "rest assured many hours of research has been conducted to pick this color and it is most esthetically pleasing. It will actually allow you to work longer without eye fatique." I told him regardless of the research it hurts my eyes. He reiterated the same thing he said before.

"Robert McNeal" wrote:

I did a trouble call to ptc regarding their blue color for frames and background for toolbars. This makes my eyes hurt after about fifteen minutes. The rep on the phone told me it cannot be changed but "rest assured many hours of research has been conducted to pick this color and it is most esthetically pleasing. It will actually allow you to work longer without eye fatique." I told him regardless of the research it hurts my eyes. He reiterated the same thing he said before.

I find it the opposite. The blue colour is very relaxing for my eyes. I agree, it's a shock in the beginning but try to stick with it for a while to see if you don't change your mind. If it's extremely bright try to decrease the Gamma value under Desktop Color settings. For me that have always made the graphics window softer on the eyes and it's easier to distinguish 3D geometry. Finally, thhere is a setting ui_theme which by default is wildfire_5 but it can be set to standard to get the grey colors.
Top Tags