cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

adding different materials to parts of a model

MU_10243770
1-Newbie

adding different materials to parts of a model

Web capture_24-10-2022_152022_www.youtube.com.jpeg

I want to add Copper material to the cylinder and aluminium for the box below. But when I do, the same material gets applied to the entire object.

please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MU_10243770 wrote:

I want to add Copper material to the cylinder and aluminium for the box below. But when I do, the same material gets applied to the entire object.

please help!!!

Hi,

I think the requested functionality is available starting from Creo 7.0. You can create two bodies and assign different material to each body.

MartinHanak_0-1666607813711.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@MU_10243770 wrote:

please help!!!

Hi,

I think the requested functionality is available starting from Creo 7.0. You can create two bodies and assign different material to each body.

MartinHanak_0-1666607813711.png

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MU_10243770)

You will need to model it as 2 separate bodies in your part file as Martin shows. This can only be done in Creo 7 or newer.

If on an older version of Creo, you will need to model them as 2 separate part files and then assembly them together in an assembly file.

Top Tags