cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

architectural units in pro/e

ptc-5116183
1-Newbie

architectural units in pro/e

Dear all,

I have a drawing and want the dimensions in the architectural units.

I have already configure it with dim_fraction_format and value as aisc

but when it measured the entity it does not show the architectural units.

I am doing some thing worng but didnot what?

In short how to make architectural units in drawing pro/e creo 1

Regards,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Try setting use_major_units to yes in your drawing setup file. I think this will give you what you need.

If that doesn't work, please write back and let us know exactly how it's not working. Let us know what you want it to display and what's it's actually displaying.

In the properties of each dimension, you can swap to fractional display but I'm sure you don't want to perform this process manually.

Thanks...

-Brian

Well, we did go through this process before... just in case.

Architectural Dimension Converter: Creo 2.0 + references

PTC really doesn't have an architectural module for drawings?

Wow you really were busy while I was away. Look at that RELATION.

thanks

pro/e drawing does not have architectural format. and I didinot know how to relate your (antonius) prgram in pro/e .

I imported to .dwg and did the conversion there.

Parm, the relations I created are not much good inside pro|e that I can tell.

The way you would use it is to have annotation on the screen, one in inch value that you would edit, and upon part regeneration, the "calculator" would return the equivalent architectural value.

It is much easier to do this with a calculator and just overwrite the dimension to show exactly what you want.

No matter what, it is a whole lot more work than it should be.

This site does it very quickly:

http://www.decitectural.com/

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags