cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

automated scaling of text size for annotations

Pius
12-Amethyst

automated scaling of text size for annotations

Hello

I'm defining Combination States as I use them for 2D drafting views (trying to do so). E.g. Collecting all the Annotation to them which are belonging to the described product features for detailing views.

For large features this works well, but for smaller features (see image) the text size jams the space.

Quite quickly the model is much too small for the representation of the Combination State with all dimensions or symbols in it.

I would like to know whether anybody knows an Option to make Creo automatically scaling Annotations according the computer (cad) window. So that the text always has the same size compared with the window size. 
With such an option I could add the 3D Annotation to very small parts, so when I zoom in (as I do in 2D with the scale for the geometry, but the text remains scaled to the drawing size).

PB_10597032_0-1692963278259.png

Thank's in advance for hint's.
PB

Creo Parametrics 8.0 User since 2023
more than 20 years with other CAD tools
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Pius)

Yes, I think I understand what you're looking for, but I don't think that this is possible in Creo (someone correct me if they know a way to achieve this). If you have a bunch of combined states with different zoom levels, I think you'll just have to set the size of those annotations manually. You can, however, select several annotations at the same time and adjust their text height (in the "Format" tab). But an annotation will always have a fixed size compared to the model and its appearance will vary with the zoom level (that is, it looks bigger if you zoom in and smaller if you zoom out). Except for "Flat to screen" annotations, which are not affected by zoom.

I believe this is also specifically a requirement if you work with ISO standards, which PTC is probably trying (with mixed success) to comply with.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Don't think there is such an option, but there is a detail option called "text_height". Go to File>Prepare>Model Properties>Detail Options (change) and it's the very first one in the list. By default it's set to "CALCULATED" which means Creo calculates a size based on the size of the model, but this isn't always great. Set it to a mm value (or inches, I guess, if you're American) and all your annotations will have that as their default text height (excepting those where you have manually set a different value). This can help you with not having to manually resize the annotations one by one.

But I don't think there is an option to keep them a constant size compared to the window, unless you make them "flat to screen", but that's not an option for leader annotations and dimensions.

Pius
12-Amethyst
(To:Pettersson)

@Pettersson 

Thanks for your input, but it is not what I'm looking for. As the effect shows to all dimensions/annotations, It may be good for some "combined states" but not for all.
My intension is to apply several Combination States with a different zoom-factors of the screen (in 3D space).

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Yes, I think I understand what you're looking for, but I don't think that this is possible in Creo (someone correct me if they know a way to achieve this). If you have a bunch of combined states with different zoom levels, I think you'll just have to set the size of those annotations manually. You can, however, select several annotations at the same time and adjust their text height (in the "Format" tab). But an annotation will always have a fixed size compared to the model and its appearance will vary with the zoom level (that is, it looks bigger if you zoom in and smaller if you zoom out). Except for "Flat to screen" annotations, which are not affected by zoom.

I believe this is also specifically a requirement if you work with ISO standards, which PTC is probably trying (with mixed success) to comply with.

Pius
12-Amethyst

Hi all

I did find out a solution for the described matter. Not the desired "automated" but one which is workable.

Our surface symbol for 3D annotations was defined with "fixed" text height.

Now we will change text to "depending on model units" and "symbols according text height". 

With that we can adjust all the symbols and dimensions by multi-selection from the annotation's detail tree.

Nevertheless the automated solution, depending on screen zoom factor, still is a favorized one.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags