cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

controll of assembly components using relation

Not applicable

controll of assembly components using relation

Hi All, I want to controll an assembly of 2 components using relations.Both are family instances; 15,20 etc. I mean,if i specify 15(defined parameter), both the components have to changed to same size ie. 15 NB. I may sound weired but is it possible and if yes please share your knowlodge. Regards Vishal
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
mhanak2
5-Regular Member
(To:)

"Vishal Kavilkar" wrote:

Hi All, I want to controll an assembly of 2 components using relations.Both are family instances; 15,20 etc. I mean,if i specify 15(defined parameter), both the components have to changed to same size ie. 15 NB. I may sound weired but is it possible and if yes please share your knowlodge. Regards Vishal

Thanks,but is it possible by using parameters???? regrads vishal

Vishal, It's relatively easy to do this with straight relations; your mixture of relations and family table calls is not readily doable. Using just Relations you can do a couple of things. For example, in the Assembly set up a Parameter called LENGTH. Now go to Relations, pick one of your parts to Edit and establish a relation by picking on the dimension and writing something like "d2:2=LENGTH". The ":2" is the key; it's an ID unique to a particular component in the assembly. Similarly, you could also set up a Parameter in the part called LENGTH, then in the assembly write "LENGTH:2=LENGTH". The 1st LENGTH is the one in the part; the 2nd is the one in the assembly. David
Top Tags