cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

creating a flat pattern for a boat

jtan314
2-Guest

creating a flat pattern for a boat

Hey I'm new to this and i would like to ask a question, if the following question is not appropriate here, any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

I have created a small 4.2m boat in creo 4.0 using points from sketches and then creating datum curves and using the boundary blends, also used the surface intersect and trim features too. i now have an almost complete hull minus a couple of things.

What I'm really struggling with is how to create a flat pattern of the boat so i can get it cnc cut out of sheet metal.

if anyone has experience or knows what to do in this situation it would be very much welcomed.

(I have tried using flatten quilt but it creates a flat quilt on  weird angle and then i get stuck there, also sheet metal wasn't much help as i could not create rips or anything).

below is a couple screenshots of the boat i've designed
boat2.JPGboat1.JPG

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jtan314)

Let's start with a basic fact of Creo:Shetmetal and flat patterns are designed around the type of bending operations you get with a press brake using a uniform thickness piece of material.

If you are trying to make that boat in a die press, Creo Sheetmetal will not work. There are special tools available for calculating the stretching and thinning of metal that goes on in a die press operation.

Top Tags