cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

eCAD (Creo Schematic Management) in Windchill

ParthibanVaithy
1-Newbie

eCAD (Creo Schematic Management) in Windchill

How to Manage Creo Schematics files in Windchill?

Is the whole Creo Schematic file can be managed in Windchill as eCAD file with version tracking?

Is the XML file can be managed in Windchill with version tracking synching with Creo Schematic, Procable & Drawing versions?

PTC.jpg

Does anyone actually embedded in this in your organization?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

There is a Windchill Workgroup Manager for Creo Schematics, so I assume that basically the native schematics file would be handled by Windchill with all the usual functions. I might be wrong, but the XML file is an export type and so I guess it will more likely be treated as a secondary content. However, Technical Support cases about how the data is organized / stored, are probably handled from the Windchill PDMLink group rather than from the Routed Systems group (but again I might be wrong).

There is a Workgroup available for Windchill 10.1 and Creo Schematics. The file in Windchill is managed in Windchill as an ECAD file with version control. As far as the XML file I am Unsure. I imagine you are refering to the exported XML file from CREO Schematics, imported to CREO Parametric for routing. I imagine that is a manual management process that requires communication between the person creating the schematic and the person doing the routing if they are two different people. The routing is done by importing the XML file intoCREO Parametric so any changes in the CREO Schematics file would require a new XML file be exported from CREO Schematics and imported into CREO Parametric to reflect changes in the routing. I imagine you could attach the XML to the associated schematics ECAD file for a version record. I may be misunderstanding your question about the XML file though.

Thanks John.

Could you please let me know how the version tracking of Creo Schematic project file and XML can be done in Workgroup?

Top Tags