cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

export skeleton-lines as dxf

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

export skeleton-lines as dxf

Hi,

I'd like to export the sketch-lines to dxf to use it in another software (dlubal rfem).

I use normal parts as skeleton (without aax).

Is there a way to simply export the lines from a sketch or skelton-part ?

And is there a way to export a 3d-DXF-file with the lines/sketches i want to export ?

Thanks a lot,

Maik

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MaikTheBike)

Open your skeleton part, go FILE- SAVE AS - SAVE A COPY and then select the export type as DXF.

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for your help.

I tried to export it this way. The solids are exported,  but I don't see any sketch-lines when I open the file in RFEM. Even when I import the dxf-file into Creo it doesn't show the sketch anymore.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I do not know if 3d DXF creo export supports sketch/curve data. In the export option, it only shows facets and quilts. I don't use 3d DXF so I am not very helpful. Sorry.

Hi, 

If you make a drawing for the skeleton, you will be able to export it with lines and curves. It doesn't seem possible to export lines from the 3D model. 

3D model

Tdaugherty_0-1600435333844.png

DXF

Tdaugherty_1-1600435352096.png

Ty

Thanks.

So there is no other way to export the 3d-lines as dxf ?

The only option to use this basic functionality is to buy the AAX for a lot of money?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't know that AAX will do anything different for your export. Do you have a sample file you can share and I mihgt be able to test?

It's possible that DXF is not the right export choice. Does your other software import other types of files?

I have AAX and I can't export the way you're asking. The example I sent previously was an actual skeleton model, not a regular part. You may need to export your part to a format that you can open in another tool to export a 3D DXF from. AutoCAD seemed to work fine for me. I was able to import a step and export a 3D DXF.

Top Tags