cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

failed extrude issue

BR_10009637
3-Visitor

failed extrude issue

I am using Creo Parametric 4.0 M010

I have a round tube I extrudeded. I did a extrude from a plane to cut a half moon out of the side of the tube. I saved that tube as a copy and changed extrude ones length, now extrude has rebuild errors and I am not sure why. I deletted the extrusion and tryied to recreate and I am unable to get a extrusion to work.

Here are the errors that I faced
feature regeneration failed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BR_10009637)

If the extrude is "long" compared to the size of the cut, then it might be an accuracy issue.

You can try changing the accuray of the part under FILE - PREPARE - MODEL PROPERTIES  - Accuracy

Make the accuracy smaller. If it is relative accuracy and a smaller number doesn't work, try changing to absolute accuracy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

From "Help Center" - "About Regeneration Failures": http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling/part_modeling/part_five_sub/About_Regeneration_Failures.html 

"Resolving Creo Model Regeneration Issues, Best Practices": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBA-wSz6Gig 

Do you have to regenerate your model 2-3 times successively before the "traffic light" becomes green? Do you want to see what options you have for reducing long regeneration times? Or do you wonder what all those crc files in your Creo Working Directory mean? Come join us as we show many best ...
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BR_10009637)

If the extrude is "long" compared to the size of the cut, then it might be an accuracy issue.

You can try changing the accuray of the part under FILE - PREPARE - MODEL PROPERTIES  - Accuracy

Make the accuracy smaller. If it is relative accuracy and a smaller number doesn't work, try changing to absolute accuracy.

Top Tags