cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

feature-intersected components not updating

tleati
10-Marble

feature-intersected components not updating

Hello,

I have a quite puzzling problem with assembly level features.

I want to redefine the reference surface of a assembly-level hole with respect to a new surface which will be obtained from an assembly-level extrusion I want to insert (before that hole itself obviously).

The problem is that after I insert that extrusion, and re-open the hole menu to redifine the reference surface, the software still sees the old (out-of-date) surface as the new extrusion had never been there.

Exiting from edit-definition menu, and regenerating, the model goes up-to-date.

I already opened a support case with PTC TS, they initially told me it's a problem of model accuracy (must be absolute and the same for all models involved) --> it seemed to be working initially, but then I re-took the same model, repeated the procedure but didn't work. Re-opened the case, they passed it to R&D department and still no reply arrived to me yet.

Anyone has experienced the same thing and knows what the cause is?

Here below a video of the steps I take:

Video Link : 6699

thanks

bye

Tommaso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

did you try to Edit References of the Hole feature (not its definition) ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. I have just tried your suggestion, the correct surface is there and selectable, but a regeneration error comes after. If I then select edit definition, the new reference is with the red dot as it doesn't exist...

Video Link : 6695

bye bye

Tommaso

Hi Tommaso,

I am sorry I have no other idea.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks anyway. I have an update on this, I realized that If I save the assembly, close and erase it from session and then re-open it, the hole comes out with a missing reference (the old surface it was placed on), and if I edit its definition the new right surface is visible and selectable. So this is my workaroud for the moment, waiting for the "clean" solution to come back from technical support if ever.

(from what they replied as far, for them it seems to be a problem of regeneration, showing a green light when instead it has not completed properly).

bye bye

Tommaso

Top Tags