cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

file size wf3 vs creo2

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

file size wf3 vs creo2

Why is a part model that is about 5meg in WF3 close to 200meg in Creo2?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

Your graphics accuracy settings affects the file size. The files have embedded the shaded graphics and LOD data and with high setting in your config, it will safe a lot of facet data. You can get around this by changing the config.pro option: save_model_display wireframe

You can also reduce your graphics quality options before saving but I find the setting above to be more consistent.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Sorry meant to say imported geometry file size.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Could it be that default accuracies are different? Not sure - just a guess.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Your graphics accuracy settings affects the file size. The files have embedded the shaded graphics and LOD data and with high setting in your config, it will safe a lot of facet data. You can get around this by changing the config.pro option: save_model_display wireframe

You can also reduce your graphics quality options before saving but I find the setting above to be more consistent.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

yup, that did it.. you're the man.

173 meg now 3 meg file. As long as it doesn't lose any actually model data, which I don't see why it would.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

No loss of data. I suspect it is built-in JT data for some of the advanced modeling extensions for faster loads. I only learned about this when I was making glamour shots (screen-caps) with high graphics quality setting and not resetting it back to normal. File size went through the roof! With the config.pro setting as wireframe, I didn't have to worry about where I left the graphics settings during any of my saves.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags