cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how can you move curves?

pimm
14-Alexandrite

how can you move curves?

I've imported a customer STEP model.  This model includes many curves that I need to move and re-position.

I have no issue selecting the quilt, points and datum planes but can't move the imported curves.

If I manually pick the curves I do not have the usual copy and paste dialog available.

If I filter pick I can't even select the imported curves.

Perhaps I could drop a CSYS in the end position on the customer model; export this model, and re-import the model in it's true position, but this most likely will make the geometry dirtier through the extra export and import.

Is there another way to move EVERYTHING in the customer model?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:pimm)

Woops:  After a couple hours of trying I am finally able to do this.  This should be simpler.

When I individually selected the curves to go along with everything else filter selects it didn't even allow the copy option the 1st time.  It may be that something was selected that wasn't movable.

I still very much wish you can filter select the imported curves or for that matter it appears you can't filter select other curves.  This way would be much simpler.

I thought after a couple hours struggle it was safe to say this was impossible to do.  Sorry for the premature question.

Top Tags