cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to place a GTOL on a hole note

jzhang-3
3-Visitor

how to place a GTOL on a hole note

I make a hole and create Geometric Tolerance in model, such as 3/8-16 UNC -2B TAP THRU 5/16 DRILL (0.257) .0750 - (1) HOLE. I only can put GTOL as a free note in drawing as shown below

Is there a method to place to a hole note directly?

Thanks,

GTOL01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jzhang-3)

I'm attaching a ppt on how I like to do it -- you add the gtol as a free note but then go back and include it in the thread note.  It's clumsy but it gets the job done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It looks like you created a note without any &dimension or &ad dimensions. Add a shown dimension or created dimension to your note. Then you can attach the GTOL to that dimension. I suggest adding one of the depth dim's to your note. Could look like: depth &dxxx or &adxxx. Also make sure your Detail Config has "gtol_dim_placement" set to "on_bottom" which is default.

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jzhang-3)

I'm attaching a ppt on how I like to do it -- you add the gtol as a free note but then go back and include it in the thread note.  It's clumsy but it gets the job done.

jzhang-3
3-Visitor
(To:JLG)

It is a great and best way!!!!

Thank you very much!

apaulsen
5-Regular Member
(To:JLG)

Thanks for the tip. Half way there... Creo just needs to finish, polish or look at their competitors more. The dust they were left in has already settled.

Top Tags