cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

how to place a GTOL on a hole note

jzhang-3
3-Visitor

how to place a GTOL on a hole note

I make a hole and create Geometric Tolerance in model, such as 3/8-16 UNC -2B TAP THRU 5/16 DRILL (0.257) .0750 - (1) HOLE. I only can put GTOL as a free note in drawing as shown below

Is there a method to place to a hole note directly?

Thanks,

GTOL01.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jzhang-3)

I'm attaching a ppt on how I like to do it -- you add the gtol as a free note but then go back and include it in the thread note.  It's clumsy but it gets the job done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It looks like you created a note without any &dimension or &ad dimensions. Add a shown dimension or created dimension to your note. Then you can attach the GTOL to that dimension. I suggest adding one of the depth dim's to your note. Could look like: depth &dxxx or &adxxx. Also make sure your Detail Config has "gtol_dim_placement" set to "on_bottom" which is default.

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jzhang-3)

I'm attaching a ppt on how I like to do it -- you add the gtol as a free note but then go back and include it in the thread note.  It's clumsy but it gets the job done.

jzhang-3
3-Visitor
(To:JLG)

It is a great and best way!!!!

Thank you very much!

apaulsen
5-Regular Member
(To:JLG)

Thanks for the tip. Half way there... Creo just needs to finish, polish or look at their competitors more. The dust they were left in has already settled.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags