cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

import "old" workspaces

JohannaLiljedah
1-Newbie

import "old" workspaces

Hi, I want to import workspaces from a crashed computer into a new one. Do I just copy the workspace folder work_m070? Will the "old" workspaces work with the new Intralink/Proe installation?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You have not mentioned witch version of Intralinnk you have. If you are using the older 3x series then you will need to import the entire .proi folder. You cannot seperate the folders out. If this is the newer 8/9x series of Intralink then you will need to contact PTC to be able to recover the files. As an administrator I have made it a requirement that users checkin at least once a week just in case you lose the computer. Best of luck Eric

Thank you Eric! We are using Intralink 3.4 M070. I tried to copy the whole .proi folder and it seems to work just fine. We also have the requirement that the users have to check in every day. I even told this guy to do it the day before because his computer behaved in a strange way, but I guess he had other important hings to do... 😛 Many thanks for your help! / Johanna

"Eric Mills" wrote:

You have not mentioned witch version of Intralinnk you have. If you are using the older 3x series then you will need to import the entire .proi folder. You cannot seperate the folders out. If this is the newer 8/9x series of Intralink then you will need to contact PTC to be able to recover the files. As an administrator I have made it a requirement that users checkin at least once a week just in case you lose the computer. Best of luck Eric

Top Tags