cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

mapkeys on ribbon in all modes not possible?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

mapkeys on ribbon in all modes not possible?

Alcon has delayed a good long time moving to Creo - now preparing.  Have been playing with mapkeys - all working well.  Now adding selected mapkeys to the UI for convenience.  Works perfectly in any single mode but evidently no way to do this once and have available in all modes for some mapkeys.  Major bummer!

For years we've made about 20 mapkeys available in a drop down labeled Alcon Stardards using Alcon templates (e.g. New Part, New Sh Metal Part, New Assy, New Part Drawing... Model Tree config... System colors... etc.).  Seems like this has to be done one by one for each mode.

I just read thru lots of experiences and rants about this that people have posted.  Is there any clever workaround that has been discovered to have a few show in all modes?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

I haven't personally tried it, but I believe a custom tab is available in all modes.  Just create a new tab and put all your commands on this.

By the way, at PTC Live Global this year I saw a working development version of Creo 4 and they completely eliminated this issue.  A change in one mode would impact all modes - both tabs and quick access toolbars. 

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Sort of full circle on this...

The old MS Office UI had toolbars that you could display in all modes.  The big promise of the ribbon was to display only what was relevant to the current task / mode.  Agree that this is also the goal (for the most part) for Creo.  But - there are just a few things that are convenient to have in all modes.

I tried (lots of times, all the ways I could see) to make a custom tab and/or group that would display in all modes but haven't seen a way to do that yet.  To confirm - All of the commands are relevant to only a single mode so it makes perfect sense as it normally works.  Our goal is to make "New Part, etc. via mapkeys that utilize templates available in all modes.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MikeLockwood)

I opened a ticket on this a while back and they sent me the attached file which contains all of the modes. You would need to make the customization for all of the modes listed in this document.

Top Tags