cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

outdated component/feature

Rocks1
1-Newbie

outdated component/feature

Hi everyone, I have a model that contains a LOT of parts/assemblies. When I open the model, I always have a ton of errors. The main one is "Outdated Component/Feature". Does anyone know how to fix this? We do not have Windchill here, so I have to manage all the parts myself. I realize how crazy this is, I used to work at a place where we did have Windchill so I am painfully aware of what I'm missing there. I have a feeling that would prevent these errors. If anyone has advice about managing files without Windchill that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:Rocks1)

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you are and it's a real pain. You have to be very rigorous on the links you have between parts and the name you give.

Before doing changes in big assemblies I usually make a zip of my project in order to be able to go backwards if necessary.

Anyway, without PDM it's a big waste of time. I'm in a small company, and I'm the only who thinks this would give us a boost having it. I've given up !!

Next place I'll be going there will be PDM for sure !

Thanks I appreciate it. Sounds like we are in exactly the same situation. I never thought of making a zip file of it before, I will have to try that. It's really almost impossible to manage, I have a model with thousands of parts. I'll spend hours fixing the problems, save everything, close it, and the next time I open it, brand new errors. It never ends.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:Rocks1)

What kind of errors do you have ? Missing components ?

Outdated component/feature, missing model, and regeneration failed. I know that I will just have to relink the missing models, but for the other errors I don't know what to do besides opening and fixing each one. And there are 455 of them. Yay me.

Top Tags