cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

profile cut angle in BOM

MaikTheBike
15-Moonstone

profile cut angle in BOM

Hi,

I've created a framework consisting of some steel-tubes that are cut in an angle on one or both sides

Now I want to create a list (BOM) of all the Tubes that have to be cut. I created a BOM and got the length of the profiles by using the parameter "asm.mbr.length". Also I got the cross-section by using "asm.mbr.BUW_SIZE".

Is it also possible to get the cut-angle of the profiles ? I didn't find any parameter for it.

Thanks,

Maik

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

maybe some person from B&W Software company can answer you question.

Intended for @tschneyer 

Martin Hanák

Hi @MaikTheBike ,

I just wrote a blogpost about this here: https://www.buw-soft.de/en/2019/08/08/cut-angle-information-in-bom-parameters/

You can download the attachment and follow the instructions in the readme. 

20190808094547.png

20190808095505.png

Can you also please tag the topic as AFX for better visibility?

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks a lot.

I've downloaded the table-files and it works very well. The cut angles are displayed correctly.

Only one thing doesn't seem to work: The first column of the table(asm.mbr.EXF_ITEM_NUMBER) is empty. What do I have to do to get this parameter into the part ?

tabelle.JPG

When I create balloons it looks like this (without numbers in the balloons:

tabelle2.JPG

So what can I do ? 

Thanks,

Maik

Hi @MaikTheBike ,

here you can find the description about AFX item numbers:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FTo_Create_New_Item_Numbers_for_all_Models.html%23wwconnect_header

If you want to use the creo standard you can set the repeat region parameter to rpt.index

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your help.

Now the item-numbers and the balloons work perfectly.

Top Tags