cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

renaming parts/assemblies removed from PDM.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

renaming parts/assemblies removed from PDM.

I am trying to rename parts/assemblies on a project someone sent me. But I do not use PDM, so this is the error. Does anyone know how to "unlink" the files from PDM? I am still searching the help files and the menus.

pdmerror.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Inoram)

There is a config.pro option.

let_proe_rename_pdm_objects YES

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Look under operations to see if this is an ATB function. Not knowing exactly how PTC links things to PDM within part and asm files, it seems a logical place to start.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

STEPHEN WILLIAMS2 wrote:

That does it, thanks.

Hopefully there are no other things linked in there that I am missing.

Now if could figure out the Use Template option OR the selection filter options so I can rename a bunch of certain files at one time.

Top Tags