cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

sheet Metal

pradeepaswani
1-Newbie

sheet Metal

Hi all This is the geometry Which I want to unbend help me.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
(To:pradeepaswani)

hi, Please revlove the section to angle of 90 Deg. Create a flange on the inclined edge of the revlove. Use unbend and select the flat surface on the flange as fixed and unbend. This will solve your problem. Regards Vishal
rtoonders
1-Newbie
(To:)

Make it a sheet metal model by: applications - sheetmetal And convert with "driving sft" (the outer surface for example) The create a rip insert - shape - rip - regular rip note: If the default datums are in the center of the cone, use these to place the rip To unbend assign the edge of the rip as the fixed geometry Now you should have a flat
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:rtoonders)

"Roeland Toonders" wrote:

Make it a sheet metal model by: applications - sheetmetal And convert with "driving sft" (the outer surface for example) The create a rip insert - shape - rip - regular rip note: If the default datums are in the center of the cone, use these to place the rip To unbend assign the edge of the rip as the fixed geometry Now you should have a flat 😉

To start from solid and convert this to sheet metal will give better results. In this case I can simply make a rip (orientation front sketch and top top) Draw a line in the middle from bottom to top surface. Rip will appear in the back of the model Starting with a sheet metal blend will cause problems by flattening. Most cases (and i am a sheet metal supplier) i always start from a solid. [/img]

That might be true when making complicated sheetmetal parts but this one seems quite simple if I'm not missing anything. Starting from WF4 absolute accuaracy is default in sheetmetal which should eliminate a lot of problem. Made from start in shmtl using a Revolved wall.
Top Tags