cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

switching windows with a mapkey

ptc-4797133
1-Newbie

switching windows with a mapkey

How do I create a mapkey in creo 2 to switch to window number 1 or 2 or 3 and so on... whenever I try to make one it will only work for the part or assembly windows that were open when the mapkey was made

Here is an example of what I get

mapkey w1 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` `133830-220.ASM.1`;

And I have tried editing it myself several different ways, below is at least one thing that I have tried

mapkey w1 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 1;

mapkey w2 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 2;

Anyone have any thoughts if this is possible

Thanks

Adam

Message was edited by: Adam DeVries

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is an example that works:

mapkey w2 @MAPKEY_LABELSwitch to Window 2;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_w2` `main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdWinActivate@context_main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`;

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Here is an example that works:

mapkey w2 @MAPKEY_LABELSwitch to Window 2;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_w2` `main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdWinActivate@context_main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`;

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

If you work with windows 7 you can easily switch windows by clicking on the taskbar and afterwards <ctrl>+a to make the windows actif.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hey Guys,

There is also an option under Tools>Customize that allows you to place a list of current windows on your menu bar; see below: (List of Current Windows)

listofcurrentwindows.jpg

Hey,

Is this also for creo2.0, because I don't find it for the moment.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Adam,

I found you thread and seems to do the trick for what I am trying to have: do you currently know whether it is possible to have this mapkey opening just the drop-down menu of the window icon? so that I can then type the number to select the model (this is because I usually don't know the number corrsponding to the model I want to open):

2.PNG

I already tried as you did to edit the mapkey leaving for example just the `ProCmdWinRadio`:

mapkey w2 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 2;

and also ti record with the mouse just the click on the icon 1.PNG, but with no success.

would be very comfortable...

thanks

bye

Tommaso

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags