cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

switching windows with a mapkey

ptc-4797133
1-Newbie

switching windows with a mapkey

How do I create a mapkey in creo 2 to switch to window number 1 or 2 or 3 and so on... whenever I try to make one it will only work for the part or assembly windows that were open when the mapkey was made

Here is an example of what I get

mapkey w1 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` `133830-220.ASM.1`;

And I have tried editing it myself several different ways, below is at least one thing that I have tried

mapkey w1 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 1;

mapkey w2 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 2;

Anyone have any thoughts if this is possible

Thanks

Adam

Message was edited by: Adam DeVries

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is an example that works:

mapkey w2 @MAPKEY_LABELSwitch to Window 2;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_w2` `main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdWinActivate@context_main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`;

Thanks,

Josh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Here is an example that works:

mapkey w2 @MAPKEY_LABELSwitch to Window 2;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_w2` `main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdWinActivate@context_main_dlg_w2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`;

Thanks,

Josh

Hello,

If you work with windows 7 you can easily switch windows by clicking on the taskbar and afterwards <ctrl>+a to make the windows actif.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hey Guys,

There is also an option under Tools>Customize that allows you to place a list of current windows on your menu bar; see below: (List of Current Windows)

listofcurrentwindows.jpg

Hey,

Is this also for creo2.0, because I don't find it for the moment.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Adam,

I found you thread and seems to do the trick for what I am trying to have: do you currently know whether it is possible to have this mapkey opening just the drop-down menu of the window icon? so that I can then type the number to select the model (this is because I usually don't know the number corrsponding to the model I want to open):

2.PNG

I already tried as you did to edit the mapkey leaving for example just the `ProCmdWinRadio`:

mapkey w2 ~ Command `ProCmdWinRadio` 2;

and also ti record with the mouse just the click on the icon 1.PNG, but with no success.

would be very comfortable...

thanks

bye

Tommaso

Top Tags