cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

why does locked object show "modified in session" in the server status column of Creo 6.0.4.0?

NY_6644269
6-Contributor

why does locked object show "modified in session" in the server status column of Creo 6.0.4.0?

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) 6.0 6.0.4.0

Y-201-31-0209_CL_PIPING.ASM is locked in the workspace,but it will show "modified in session" in the server status column,please see the attached screenshot.would you please check if there is a problem with status?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:NY_6644269)

You selected to post this in the Community instead of Creo support. 

NY_6644269
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

i actually raised a case to Creo support as well,by posting here ,i just wanted to make sure that this platform is useful

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:NY_6644269)

Just guessing but since the assembly that is showing modified has "piping" in the name, if the assembly has external references, when the model is regenerated, the assembly will "change" based on the references and will be "modified in session" but since it is locked in PDMLink, it will not save to the workspace. There are other reasons a model will "change", such a relations that could cause a "modified in session".

NY_6644269
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

thanks for your help.i got answer from PTC support,the response are as follows:Model regeneration failure causes the object to be modified. Fixing models can avoid this warning.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS351104

Thanks for including the link.  Unfortunately, it is a customer specific and we cannot see it.  Is there anything else in that article that you found helpful that has not already been posted here?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags