ModuleWorks to replace Vericut

Voyager

ModuleWorks to replace Vericut

Hi all, just read this in article CS226148,

• ModuleWorks will replace NCCHECK & VERICUT starting from versions below:
    • Creo Parametric 2.0 M210
    • Creo Parametric 3.0 M090
  • Starting from above versions, Vericut won't be available for use anymore
    • To perform material removal simulation, select NC sequence from model tree > RMB > Material Removal Simulation, it will access ModuleWorks
    • The default value of config.pro option nccheck_type is changed to moduleworks
  • Main Reasons of the choice of ModuleWorks is that :
    • It offers the capability to Simulate Material Removal Embedded in Creo Parametric (Only NCCHECK allowed that)
    • It is not limited as NCCHECK was in the past
    • It allows usage of OpenGL libraries used by Creo and improves by this way User Experience (possible smooth rotations of the manufacturing assembly in Creo When Material is being removed in ModuleWorks)

What do you think about this ? Do you know ModuleWorks ?

50 REPLIES
Adventurer

Re: ModuleWorks to replace Vericut

Sounds good. Any info about licences?

And no i don't know ModuleWorks.

Voyager

I don't think this will change anything concerning licences. We'll have a ModuleWorks licence replacing the Vericut one.

Adventurer

Yeah, hopefully the cost of replacement will be covered by maintenance.

Spectator

Sounds interesting I guess. I had not heard of Module works until now. We switched from Vericut to NCsimul this fall because I didn't like where the way Vericut would not check g code unless you bought the the expensive version.NCsimul is expensive too but I think it is a little easier to use and has more features as far as I am concerned.

Spectator

I don´t know Module works.

We switched to NCSIMUL long time ago...

Spectator

Hello, you can find more information about moduleworks here: CNC Simulation and Toolpath Verification CAD/CAM components by ModuleWorks.

The goal of this project was to provide a Material Removal Simulation capability inside the Creo NC session, you will not need any extra license and this change is covered by maintenance.

What you will see in Creo 2 M210 and Creo 3 M090 is the first implementation of the new libraries, more functionality will follow in the next MORs.

Best Regards

Jose

Voyager

Thanks for the information. Just hope that the first implementation will at least cover the same functionalities we have in Vericut and NCSimul.

Spectator

Very interesting the stock manager looks like a great feature

Observer

Could you please share us a functionalities comparison table between Vericut and Moduleworks, for example, for first version which functionalities are missing from moduleworks?

or provide a functionality roadmap about moduleworks add-on in future Creo datecode.