cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Linked Data isn't Updating

TomBurton
1-Newbie

Linked Data isn't Updating

I've got a Creo Illustrate 2.0 drawing. When I look in the S BOM, I see a subassembly shown as "abc.asm, -.3". When I go into the Tools menu and select Edit Structure, in the E BOM, I see "abc.asm, -.7". I see that many of the items in the E BOM up to and including the top level asm have higher "dash numbers" than in the S BOM.

How do I get the higher dash-number items from the S BOM to the E BOM? I've already done a lot of work on the drawing, so obviously I don't want to start over!

When I look in the lower panel and select Source, I see five pvz files. For all of them, the "Update policy" indicates "Update after confirmation", and "Status" indicates "Up to date".

Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I should be doing. I thought Updates were automatic (asking if I want to incorporate them).

3 REPLIES 3

Tom,

I’m not sure what you mean by file names showing as "abc.asm, -.3" in the BOM trees; I was not aware that Creo Illustrate displayed the revision number of the imported files in the BOM tree.

When Creo Illustrate auto-updates the imported data it does so in the least destructive way for your existing figures. Any parts deleted from the eBOM will be deleted from the sBOM; any modified parts will be updated in the illustration; but any new parts in the eBOM will not be forced into the sBOM.

For example, if you were to add a new part “abc7.prt” in the engineering assembly then this part will be added to the eBOM but you will need to manually drag it to your illustration sBOM where required.

However it’s happened, it sounds like you have ended up with some new parts in the eBOM and want to replace some old parts still in the sBOM. You can do this in structure edit mode by right-click on the eBOM part and “cut” then right-click on the sBOM part to be replaced and “Paste Special > Replace Existing”.

Hope this helps

Tim -

First of all, yes, Creo Illustrate displays the rev number of the imported files. That's how I know that many parts and assemblies have changed. Which leads to the first question: Why are they not auto-updating.

(I just opened an old Creo Illustration drawing, that I know has had many prt and asm changes since I last touched it. Upon opening, it indicated one pvz file to update. I accepted the update. When I went to Tools / Edit Structure, it was apparent that many prt and asm changes [all of them] had not updated. I tried the method you gave in your last paragraph; nothing happened!)

Tom Burton

We've got it sort of figured out!

When you first import a pvz file to create a Creo Illustrate figure, the imported file will show the rev level in the sBOM. This rev level doesn't change!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Apparently Creo is trying to see if this can be fixed, or remove the revv level from this name.)

If you check the Attributes in the bottom display pane, it will show the (latest!) rev level. For example, the "-.4" in the tab is the original rev when imported; the highlighted entry (with the "-.6") shows the latest version incorporated into the Creo Illustration.

111.png

Hope this makes some sort of sense and helps!

Tom Burton

Top Tags