cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creating parent stuctures to organize parts to group them better. Is this possible?

Dustine
1-Newbie

Creating parent stuctures to organize parts to group them better. Is this possible?

Hello,

I have a file where they put together and there is no parent structure to organize parts. See below:

2014-11-25_14-37-09.png2014-11-25_14-38-48.png

I want to organize these parts into three groups so it is easier to select and animate. I read about creating a parent structure or combining parts, but since there isn't much of a parent structure to begin with, I don't know if it will work. Everything I have tried doesn't change anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Dustine

2 REPLIES 2
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Dustine)

Hi,

In structure edit you can insert new parts (nodes) which can be used as containers for existing parts allowing you to divide all the parts into three containers.

Use 'Insert' in the home ribbon to add a new part, this part can then be dragged onto any node in the tree to reposition it.

Once you have your new parts you can drag the existing parts onto it to organise them into your three groups.

In this example I have created the nodes named 01,02,03 and then moved all the existing parts into them to create my three groups.

Reorganise+sBOM+tree.PNG

Is this what you meant?

Thank you! This is what I meant.

Top Tags