cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Flow Analysis possibility to change units of flow variables

luisPEREIRA
11-Garnet

Creo Flow Analysis possibility to change units of flow variables

Possibility to change units of flow value.

Example: to have pressure in MPa and not in Pa

creo_flow_analysis_change_units.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi  Luis,

All new features in creo flow for creo 9 will be back ported to creo 6, 7 , 8. If you need help, you can contact your support or simerics.  FloEFD is good, it is on market for 20 years. The solver was dev 1990s. The major things for a simulation product is the accuracy, speed and also what kind of physics a solver can support. Simerics solver inside CFA is state of the art, no corner is cut and fastest serious CFD solver available around the world.  It also supports all kind of high end physics. e.g. moving mesh, cavitation, conjugate heat transfer. Just my 2 cents for this topic. thx.

LS

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:luisPEREIRA)

not yet

Hi

Unit support will be ready in creo 9.

cfdgeek_0-1634690855578.png

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately, we consider to upgrade to Creo 8 and we are evaluating Simcenter FLOEFD from Siemens to democratize the usage of fluids simulation.

Regards

Luis

Hi  Luis,

All new features in creo flow for creo 9 will be back ported to creo 6, 7 , 8. If you need help, you can contact your support or simerics.  FloEFD is good, it is on market for 20 years. The solver was dev 1990s. The major things for a simulation product is the accuracy, speed and also what kind of physics a solver can support. Simerics solver inside CFA is state of the art, no corner is cut and fastest serious CFD solver available around the world.  It also supports all kind of high end physics. e.g. moving mesh, cavitation, conjugate heat transfer. Just my 2 cents for this topic. thx.

LS

Hi LS,

Thank you for your feedback, It's good point to get back these new feature on creo 6/7/8 ; I understand your arguments, the bench is on the end of our business's expert, we will see the results.

Thank you

Regards

Luis

Thank you! Luis, let us know if you need any helps, e.g.  training session, getting start session etc from Simerics. We can help you and your management team make the best decision for picking simulation tools. Thanks.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:cfdgeek)

HI

do you know when the new features in creo flow for creo 9 will be back proted to creo 6,7,8? creo flow should  enhance Electronics Cooling ability & Post-processing,

Every time when I update the new creo version,creo flow does not change anything thanks。

cfdgeek
12-Amethyst
(To:bduncan)

Hi 

we keeps adding new features since first release of cfa for creo 4 m040 2018.  You can get the latest package through your ptc support staffs. The new versions of CFA are not included in the official CFA shipped with creo parametrics. Thanks. 

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:cfdgeek)

Hi could show me the latest package of CFA with a picture? thanks.

Hi, here the display in Creo Parametric 9.0.3.0:

luisPEREIRA_0-1680781463907.png

luisPEREIRA_1-1680781369685.png

Regards

Luis

Top Tags