cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Simulate - Youngs Modulus Units

ST_9859844
3-Visitor

Creo Simulate - Youngs Modulus Units

I am using Creo Simulate 7.0 7.0.0.0

When entering the material properties, the default for youngs modulus is "lbm/(in sec^2). I believe this is an incorrect unit for the Young Modulus. If I change to input the units in KSI, CREO automatically converts to this "lbm/(in sec^2)" the next time the material is selected. This makes me questions the results for the simulation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

If you are making your own material files to be used to assign properties to parts in an analysis, I think (though I'm not sure) you can use whatever units you want, as long as the nomenclature you use for them matches what Creo knows. When they are read in for a simulation, they are converted to whatever units of measure you have for the analysis and reported to you in those units. They won't be reported in the units that were given in the file. Standard operating procedure for software, to be honest.

If you want to make things be shown to you in your preferred units, like KSI and the like, you might need to define your own custom set of units. You'll have to do some searching to determine how to do that, but it's not too bad.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ST_9859844)

If I change to input the units in KSI, CREO automatically converts to this "lbm/(in sec^2)" the next time the material is selected. 

Are you clicking "Yes" to the question below? If so just click "No" and your units won't be converted.

Capture.JPG

Otherwise where is it that the units are being converted?

Top Tags