cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

EZ Tolerance Radial stackup problem

RŠ_10780990
1-Newbie

EZ Tolerance Radial stackup problem

I use Creo Parametric 7.0.8.0.

I have a problem with EZ Tolerance extension, my problem is described bellow. 

I was using set of a shaft and a bearring with a hole, firstly I calculated it by hand ańd then with EZ Tol., but the results were not same.

Here are my calculations:

1. Nominal Clearence

Hole-Shaft=(0.3760-0.3745)/2= 0.00075 mm

2. Maximal clearence

R_10780990_0-1694507495011.png

3. Minimal clearence

R_10780990_1-1694507495013.png

EZ Tol did the Nominal clearence good, but not the min/max clearence. (I attached some pictures with the assembly). 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had to set Assembly Shift to Maximize and Attachment to CENTER-CENTER and then it calculated to be 0.00075 +/- 0,005750, which is right. Thanks anyway 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Is it possible that your EZ tolerance setup includes positional tolerance and your hand calculations do not?

I had to set Assembly Shift to Maximize and Attachment to CENTER-CENTER and then it calculated to be 0.00075 +/- 0,005750, which is right. Thanks anyway 🙂 

EZ Tolerance Analysis in Creo 9 introduces the new center option for assembly shift bias to help reflect the true situation of the manufactured parts into the tolerance stack-up definition. There is also a new Simple Fit Check analysis type that will help to identify clearance issues between two ...
Top Tags