cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

F1 function key

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

F1 function key

To all,

I am currently using WF4, and will soon be moving to Creo3. I have a copy of Creo2 Student Addition, and was testing to see if any of my current mapkeys will still work, or if I need to re-do them.

I am finding most need to be re-done. I had the function keys mapped to do various operations, and was able to modify them to the UI for Creo2, except one.

Can someone tell me why in Creo2, thinking it will be the same for Creo3, it will not allow me to map the F1 function key anymore.

Dennis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The F1 key in Creo is "hard-mapped" to opening Help Center, that's the reason you can't use it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The F1 key in Creo is "hard-mapped" to opening Help Center, that's the reason you can't use it.

Lukasz,

Thank you very much for the answer to my question.

Dennis

Starting with Creo 2.0 M110, they gave us the option to define F1 as help or as a mapkey.

See the document CS59999 here:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS59999&posno=1&q=2182339&nav=&source=Search

Using the cursor over icon + F1 to activate context sensitive help is useful too; didn't know about that till Steven's post.f1.jpg

Rick,

Thanks for the additional information on this.

Dennis

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Announcements

Top Tags