cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to eliminate singularities from the model?

schopra-2
1-Newbie

How to eliminate singularities from the model?

I AM  DOING A STATIC ANALYSIS OF A TRAILER CHASSIS AND WHEN OPTING FOR MULTI PASS SOLUTION THE RESULTS FOR VON MISSES AND PRINCIPAL STRESSES ARE NOT CONVERGING.

THE STATUS FILE DURING THE RUN SHOWS PRESENCE OF SINGULARITIES CAN ANYONE SUGGEST METHOD TO CONVERGE THE SOLUTUION

AND DO SUGGEST BEST CONVERGENCE RATE WHILE PERFORMING MULTI PASS, I OPTED FOR 5%

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Is this a welded frame? Welds are sort of complicated to analyze, and, depending on evaluation technique, it may not be necessary to remove the singularities. According to evaluation technique of "nominal stress" (if applicable), or "hot spot method" you do not need to remove singularities, since stresses are not evaluated at those locations.

I wrote a few words about weld evaluation here: How are others calculating Welds in Creo Simulate?

The short answer is "fillet all your sharp internal corners"!

Top Tags