cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Modal Simulation Errors

NareshR
5-Regular Member

Modal Simulation Errors

Hi All,

I am currently trying to run a Modal Analysis on a Frame. I have got DBID error (it did mesh) with a specific number. I found a thread on PTC Community as to how to find the Element which is causing the error by running the analysis on ASCII. But when I try to run it on ASCII, the software immediately crashes.  Is there any way how to solve the crash issue or to find which element has caused the analysis error?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:NareshR)

1. Please provide a screenshot of your error.

2. What version of the program are you using?

NareshR
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi VladimirN,

Thank you so much for your response. I use Creo 9.0.3.0 and unfortunately I am not in a position to share the screenshot.

Kind Regards,

Naresh

here are some steps I might use, some of these may not be needed since you have a mesh, but there is a possibility something tips you off to where the problem is.

make each part and assembly the same absolute accuracy in model properties.

look at "geom checks" to see where the geometry problem might be and correct.

Confirm mesh each part separately with the correct element size.

Check for tiny mismatch between parts in assembly and preferably check for and remove any interferences

check that mating surfaces are actually mated and re-mate in assembly to confirm.

Turn on slowly each component in the assembly and confirm mesh / solvability.

Check/confirm bonded / free / contact surfaces are as expected as you do so.

If problem persists do a binary search for the issue by cutting the model in half or cutting out portions of the model and rerunning to narrow down where the issue is located.

On an extremely rare case I have had to export the model as a step file and import it in and redo the setup because there was some issue in the underlying data, but that is for stuff that was imported or "dumb" geometry to start with and very occasionally import data doctor will mess something up to the point of no recovery. You could comment on whether the frame is native Creo or components were imported or have really no model tree.

-Regards

NareshR
5-Regular Member
(To:SweetPeasHub)

Hi SweetpeasHub,

Thank you so much for your response. In fact I have done all the steps including exporting as a step file. I seemed to have solved the issue as it was more of an intuition where the Geometry error could have occurred. But for other cases I am not able to determine the same. I wish CREO adds this a feature.

Kind Regards,

Naresh

Announcements

Top Tags