cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Modeling linear or torsion spring in Mechanism

ptc-4725525
1-Newbie

Modeling linear or torsion spring in Mechanism

Hello,

I have modeled a cam/follower mechanism for our FIRST robotics assembly and am trying to add a spring in mechanism to return the follower after the cam has rotated. I have tried both a linear and torsion spring and I can not get either one to work. Any advice will be apprecaited. Using Creo 2.

Picutre with cam still in contact:

cam1.png

Photo with cam past contact (springs do nothing). In this picture both the linear and torsion spring are active, although i would only use one in the real design.

cam2.png

Thank you for any advice.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Flexible component. In the assembly, make the spring flexible and you can have it adjust when the arm moves on the next regen.

If you want the spring to actuate -during- a mechanism analysis, it will be a lot more difficult and is more of trick than a straight forward flexible component.

Top Tags