cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

“Restart” Option?

spaelicke
1-Newbie

“Restart” Option?

Hello,

Does Creo Simulate have a “Restart” option? For example, let’s say that I am running a static nonlinear analysis that takes place over the course of 2 seconds.  There are two Constraint Sets, Constraint Set 1 and Constraint Set 2. For Constraint Set 1, the time dependence is a linear function where the value goes from 0 to 1 with slope of 1 from time 0 to 1. From time 1 to 2, the value remains at 1. For Constraint Set 2, the time dependence is a linear function where the value is 0 from time 0 to 1. From time 1 to 2, the value goes from 0 to 1 with slope of 1.

What if, after running the analysis, I decide to change constraint set 2 (not the time dependence, but the constraint itself), but leave constraint set 1 the same. Is it possible to start my analysis at the time of 1, since I didn’t change constraint set 1? This is the idea of a “Restart” option that I mentioned earlier. Is Creo Simulate capable of doing this?

Thank you,

Steven

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Steven,

so what you ask, is for a dynamic time analysis:

• You make changes to the loads, that have an impact not right from the start of the analysis, but somewhen at a later time step.
  • And you like to reuse the results from the previous analysis as far as it is unchanged and have Simulate start, at the step where the change becomes effective

Interesting thought!

I have never heard about such a function in Simulate, but maybe someone has an idea how this could be achieved?

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags