cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Shell and nonlinear analyses

Harry_
5-Regular Member

Shell and nonlinear analyses

Hi Every one,
It seems we can't have nonlinear analyses with large deformation in a model including shell idealisation.

Is there any solution to have for instance non-linear spring and she'll idealisation both in an FEA.
Assuming there is no solution I think I need to have two seprate analyses. Then Is it possible to have displacement of an analyses as input or boundary condition for second analyses? In Ansys there is super element or substructuring concept. I am not sure if there is any trick in Creo for instance to run an analyses and use the displacement of nodes as boundary condition for second analyses with different geometry. A method to transfer data in interface when we have two surface in contact one side a model with nonlinear analyse and other side just static with shell element.

Any advice is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

example for nonlinear spring

Harry_
5-Regular Member
(To:skunks)

Thanks skuns for your reply.

I think you misunderstood my question.

I want to use nonlinear spring and shell which are part of the idealization section of creosim in single simulation.

It seems Creo has limitation to have both in one FEA. 

Is there any method to do an static analyses and transfer displacement of a surface as input or boundary condition for the same surface in another analyses?

I know for Ansys we have super element concept but I haven't found any thing similar in creo. 

- shell idealisation is linear in creo simulate
- I think nonlinear spring feature is not possible as alternative of contact condition
- "Is there any method to do an static analyses and transfer displacement of a surface as input or boundary condition for the same surface in another analyses?" unfortunately no

Top Tags