cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Simulate Live Bolted Joint

GM_8780190
3-Visitor

Simulate Live Bolted Joint

I am using Creo Simulate Live on an assembly.  I am trying to simulate bolted joints between the parts.  I think Creo is treating the joint as bonded because the stresses on the mating faces are constant, and I do not see any stess at the bolt holes.  How do I model a bolted joint?  I am using pinned connection between the mating parts.  I do not see an option in simulate live that tells me what kind of joint is assumed, and I do not see any option to change joint definition.

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:GM_8780190)

Creo Simulate Live does not have the capability of creating a bolted joint.  In order to make the program quick and easy to use, defined assembly joints are very limited.  Any two surfaces that are "close" will be fused for the analysis.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
ToddKraft
15-Moonstone
(To:GM_8780190)

Hi,

Beginning with Creo 9.0.1.0, you can create a no-separation contact within CSL and this will give a more accurate result because the mating surfaces will no longer be fused/bonded together.  You can now see stress at the bolt holes.

Regards,
Todd Kraft

Creo Product Manager

Top Tags