cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Stress Simulation on Gear Drive by MDO

ykimura
8-Gravel

Stress Simulation on Gear Drive by MDO

Hello all,

We combined the two gears (spur) with MDO and confirmed that it can be rotated by servo motor.
However, I do not know how to check the forces that occur on teeth.
Is there a way to check how to apply force to parts when making movements with MDO?

Please tell me if you know it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much.

I did not understand well about the analysis method after conversion from MDO to Simulation, so I registered as a new question.
I would like to wait for an answer there.
thank you for helping me.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:ykimura)

Hi,

you have to create a Connection reaction measure.
Bye

Also, a dynamic simulation is needed to obtain dynamic forces.  The model needs correct mass and inertia.  The servo motor needs proper torques and accelerations that are within the actual motors capabilities.  Use a measure of Net Load and choose the servo motor.  If the model is just a gearbox then the attached load needs to be modeled in some way with its load/mass/inertia.

I was able to verify the gear mechanism with MDO.

However, as MDO can not verify contact analysis of gears, we will look for a way to check with simulate using files created with MDO.
I would like to ask a question with a new, simulate item.
Thank you very much.
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:ykimura)

I dare to suggest you that you can run analysis within MDO and import results in Simulate.
In the panel you can choose different types of importation, including values at a time or max values at all. Once a time you're in Simulate, you just have to select surfacer/edges where the forces/momentums need to act.

Thank you very much.

I did not understand well about the analysis method after conversion from MDO to Simulation, so I registered as a new question.
I would like to wait for an answer there.
thank you for helping me.

Please tell me.
For example, when executing "Use in Simulation" with Mechanism with two gear parts (Gear A, Gear B), if you select Gear A for "Body" and also select Gear A for "Component" Even if "Mechanism Load" is executed with the assembly open in Simulate, the load will not be recognized.
When loading "Gear A" and executing "Mechanism Load", the load will be imported, but can we import the load with the assembly open?

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with the contents you received.

Top Tags