cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Traceback Error

asmith-3
1-Newbie

Traceback Error

I have received a fatal error message and Creo says it has created a Traceback. Why did this happen and how do I fix this. I have gotten them before and once I did I was unable to check the model/assembly in. Any fixes for this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:asmith-3)

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Pretty much any time Creo crashes or hangs it will automatically create a traceback file. This file can sometimes help tech support in diagnosing the problem. Unless you're interested in creating a support case, you can just ignore it and restart Creo.

I also had similar issue, while working with top level assembly, when we switch off layer, Creo will crash with traceback error

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:gkarigoudar)

If this is a consistent, repeatable error, you definitely should open a call with PTC and they should be able to get it fixed.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Here is the "official" word from PTC on traceback files:

12.PNG

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49550

Top Tags