cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Weighted links in the place of Mechanism links

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Weighted links in the place of Mechanism links

Hi all,
I was wondering how could I implement the suggests included in this paper (pp. 28) regarded weighted links.
Does anyone have some experience to share? Maybe some asm model?

I've tried build the same model of crane that's showed in the article but I just faced a problem: in a pin I have two pieces that share the same axis, so a placed a point on the axis of each component (prt), in the center of thickness, and in Simulate I put a weighted link between this point and the cylindrical surface of each componet. So i put a spring beetwen the points of each part. Here I have the problem for the system tells me that it can't exist a spring of lenght=0 (the points coincide) unless you specify the spring not with two points but with a point and a cys.

Have you ever face this problem?
Thanks
Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

crane a little bit better

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

example fe_mech.zip

fe_mech.JPG

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:skunks)

Thanks! It's a useful example!
By using beams instead of springs you insert already the right values of stifness of pins.
If one use springs you have to calculare separatly the stifness to insert within the matrix to simulate pins.
Beam considers axial and trasversal effects (x = axial direction; Fx, Fy, Fz, Mz, My) but not rotational ones (Mx): if you want same resistance you need a spring.

I've redone (try) the example of the crane.

sorry, i don't use creo 3

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:skunks)

Sorry, I can share a little clip.

OK, test crane.zip

crane a little bit better

Top Tags