cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Windows Compatability issue with Creo Elements

ptc-4747774
1-Newbie

Windows Compatability issue with Creo Elements

Hi all.

I am attempting to run Creo Elements for the first time on my machine, which is an HP Z800 with Windows 7 installed.

Has anyone seen the warning prompt when you open Creo Elements that states " Internet Explorer 8 embedded browser failed to initialize and is running in Internet Explorer 7 compatability mode".

I can't seem to get around this prompt.

Thanks, Justin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Elements/Pro or Direct?

You could opt for Firefox (Motzilla). Or you could try IE 9.

Justin,

I am also experiencing this as well as everyone in my office. I believe it has something to do with my security settings since I am not the administrator. I have logged a case with PTC about this last week. I will update this thread when (if) I get a response.

One work around I have found is to use the config.pro option of "windows_browser_type" and use the option "mozilla_based_browser". What is funny about this is that I don't have mozilla on my computer but I don't get any warning windows popping up. Creo feels more need to give me a warning about compatibility mode than to tell me that I am asking for an option that can't be done.

Hi Justin...

Set the config.pro option display_ie8_warning_dialog to no.

This will resolve the problem. There's also another fix involving a registry setting but simply adding that config.pro option is the fastest way to solve the issue. It's just a warning, it's not an actual error.

Thanks!

-Brian

This is another reason why PTC support is not very good. The man opened a ticket about this LAST WEEK and it's Wednesday and he has no response. Yet I'm able to provide a reply in 30 seconds because this is a very well known problem with a super-simple solution.\

This should have been a no-brainer for any PTC Customer Support tech worth his salt.

RESPONSIVENESS is key here people (at PTC)... absolute blazing fast responses to simple questions should be the norm. Customers should be THRILLED that you can answer their question in the blink of an eye. You're missing the easy wins by letting such simple questions go unanswered for a week.

Thanks. I just ran across this thread, and this solution worked perfectly for me and my co-workers.

Top Tags