cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

disable Windchill integration on Creo Simulate

AR
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

is it possible to disable Windchill integration on Creo Simulate.

I would like to use it outside of windchill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:AR)

@AR wrote:

However, if I also use Creo Elemnts Direct Modeling, in the latter I have to put the windchill server back online every time!
And if I put it online in the workgroup manager, it is also online on Creo Simulate

Hi,

find Creo Simulate startup file (file with psf extension) and add line similar to the following one at the end of file.

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\Simulate_WF_ROOT

I hope this setting can separate Creo Simulate from Creo Elemnts Direct Modeling.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Should be able to by putting Windchill offline to your Creo session and working out of a disk work location.

AR
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:BenLoosli)

However, if I also use Creo Elemnts Direct Modeling, in the latter I have to put the windchill server back online every time!
And if I put it online in the workgroup manager, it is also online on Creo Simulate

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@AR wrote:

Hi,

find Creo Simulate startup file (file with psf extension) and add line similar to the following one at the end of file.

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\Simulate_WF_ROOT

I hope this setting can separate Creo Simulate from Creo Elemnts Direct Modeling.

Martin Hanák
AR
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:MartinHanak)

It seems to work .....
I left your string even though Creo Simulate is installed on another folder ... okay?

Thanks

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@AR wrote:

It seems to work .....
I left your string even though Creo Simulate is installed on another folder ... okay?

Thanks

Hi,

YES that is OK.

FYI ... PTC_WF_ROOT variable specifies path to directory where Creo Simulate saves user "settings".

Martin Hanák
AR
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:MartinHanak)

Perfect, by editing the simulate.psf file
adding the line:
ENV = PTC_WF_ROOT = C: \ tmp \ Simulate_WF_ROOT

Top Tags