cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Issue with .cgm Files Converting to Raster Format in pdf after Arbotext (Styler 7.1 )

PD_11070456
3-Visitor

Issue with .cgm Files Converting to Raster Format in pdf after Arbotext (Styler 7.1 )

Hello team,

I use .cgm files created in IsoDraw. These graphics contain vector elements and text.
When I publish the file containing these .cgm graphics, they appear in raster format and the text becomes unsearchable.
Are there any settings I need to change to fix this?

Thanks and regards
Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:PD_11070456)

Hello Pavan,

I believe you may have raised this question twice now on the Community.

Are you using the APP or FOSI print Engine?

Have you tested using the steps recommended in a previous community thread regarding this behaviour?

I see you have stated Editor with Styler 7.1 - which maintenance release ? For Example 7.1 M???0

If you are publishing with the APP Print Engine, did you test with changing some of the graphicapptransform setting?

Please Note:

• 7.1 is a very old release stream and may not benefit from the most recent updates and fixes.
  • FOSI and XSL-FO composition is in sustained support
    • No fixes
    • No further upgrades
    • No new releases

Regards

Alexia 

Alexia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hello Pavan,

I believe you may have raised this question twice now on the Community.

Are you using the APP or FOSI print Engine?

Have you tested using the steps recommended in a previous community thread regarding this behaviour?

I see you have stated Editor with Styler 7.1 - which maintenance release ? For Example 7.1 M???0

If you are publishing with the APP Print Engine, did you test with changing some of the graphicapptransform setting?

Please Note:

• 7.1 is a very old release stream and may not benefit from the most recent updates and fixes.
  • FOSI and XSL-FO composition is in sustained support
    • No fixes
    • No further upgrades
    • No new releases

Regards

Alexia 

Alexia

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS141364?source=search

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS179196?source=search

• Corrected in Arbortext Editor 6.0 M140, 6.1 M030 & 7.0 F000 using:
set graphicapptransform=cgm,idr,idrz,iso,isoz:pdf
  • Works for direct to PDF publishing
  • The stylesheet must be using the APP Print Engine for this preference to work

Bryon

olivierlp
Community Manager

Hi @PD_11070456,
I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,

Olivier
Top Tags