cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

save a backup an assembly

ng-2
5-Regular Member

save a backup an assembly

Hello everyone

I have one quary , suppose i have an assembly containing numbers of components and those components are controlled by pro programming, now if i create new varient of that assembly it is obivious that some component will get suppressed ( as it is controlled by pro programming) now if i do save a backup then all the component with suppressed condition also got saved in new location. Is there any setting for this, that only the resume component will be save in a backup folder with assembly and drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ng-2)

Hi,

try following procedure:

• create new variant of the assembly using Pro/PROGRAM functionality
  • click File > Manage Session > Erase Not Displayed to erase suppressed components from session memory
  • click File > Save As > Save a Backup to backup current assembly variant
  • erase the assembly from session memory (because Creo switched from orginal assembly to its backup

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

try following procedure:

• create new variant of the assembly using Pro/PROGRAM functionality
  • click File > Manage Session > Erase Not Displayed to erase suppressed components from session memory
  • click File > Save As > Save a Backup to backup current assembly variant
  • erase the assembly from session memory (because Creo switched from orginal assembly to its backup

MH

Martin Hanák
ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you martin for your reply it is saving without suppressed part but its reference is present in assembly when i make the assy in resume mode it is asking for retrive the component is there any option to auto delete suppress component in assy...

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

unfortunately I do not know how to automatically delete components suppressed via Pro/PROGRAM.

MH

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags